To launch a mobile app in the Apple Store and Google Play store, you must prepare your app for the submission process. Between the App Store Review Guidelines and optimizing your App’s store profiles, this can be a daunting process especially if this is your first app launch.
Lucky for you, Tapcart’s team of mobile experts are here to help you through the process.
In order to launch an app on Tapcart your business must be recognized as a legal entity. This means your business must be a corporation, limited partnership, or limited liability company.
Also, please note that the Google and Apple Store enrollment processes vary. The Google Play Account can be set up in as little as 30 minutes, while the Apple Developer Account may take between 3 to 14 business days.
With that, here’s what our Customer Success Team needs to launch your app so you can share it with the world:
Step 1) Create your Developer Accounts
Apple Developer Account
To host an app in the Apple Store, there is an annual $99 fee and it is recommended to set to auto-renew.
- To enroll in an Apple Developer account you will need a DUNS Number. Your DUNS Number will be used to check the identity and legal entity status of your organization which is a requirement for the enrollment verification process for joining the Apple Developer Program or the Apple Developer Enterprise Program.
- Before enrolling, look up your organization here to see if you have a DUNS Number. Dun & Bradstreet may have already assigned one to you. If your organization is not listed, you’ll have the option to submit your information to D&B for a free DUNS Number, which can take a few days.
- Once you receive your DUNS number, you can move forward with your enrollment into the Apple Developer program.
- For more details about how to request your DUNs Number, here’s Tapcart’s DUNS Number Guide.
- Once you recieve the email with your DUNS Number, you will be able to complete the Apple Developer enrollment process form.
- Visit this page: https://developer.apple.com/programs/enroll/.
- You will to sign in using an existing Apple ID or Create a new Apple ID.
- Fill out your company and billing info. For more details on how to set up your Apple Developer Account, here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Apple will send a confirmation email within 24 hours notifying you that your Apple Developer Account was successfully created!
3. Once your enrollment is complete, invite firstname.lastname@example.org as an admin to your account. Make sure to enable access to certificates, identifiers, and profiles. Once you have invited Tapcart, our App Launch Team will QA (check for quality assurance) your app and will submit it to Apple.
4. Once submitted, you will recieve emails from Apple as the app enters review and approval. Please note: Apple’s review and approval process may take 3-5 days.
Google Play Account
Before you enroll in a Google Play Developer account, please note that there is a one-time $25 fee. Also, in order to sign up, you must have a Google email account. If you don’t you can create one here.
Once that’s done, here are the steps to create and activate your account:
- Go to the Google Play Developer Console and sign up for an account.
- Read and agree to the Google Play Developer distribution agreement.
- Pay the registration fee for your account.
- Fill out your Google Play Developer Profile.
- Once the account is created, navigate to Settings > Users and Permissions.
- Invite email@example.com as an admin. Once you have invited Tapcart, our App Launch Team will QA (check for quality assurance) your app and will submit it to Google.
- Once submitted, you will recieve emails from Google as the app enters review and approval. Please note: Google’s review and approval process may take 3-5 days.
Step 2) Fill out and submit app listing
- To fill out your app listing, you can do so here: https://tapcart.co/settings/listing
- The App listing holds information about your app that will be publically visible on the App Store
- This is what your App Store Listing will look like on the App store:
Step 3) Test the app
You can test your app on the Tapcart Dashboard by clicking “Preview your app” in the top right corner. This will give you a real-time preview into your user’s experience and design.
We highly recommend completing a test purchase. This is to ensure that your payment provider works with the native checkout.
- Tapcart supports Shopify, Authorize and Stripe gateways and Apple Pay natively within our one-step checkout.
- All other payment gateways will be supported through the standard Shopify web checkout.
- The settings for this can be accessed through https://tapcart.co/settings.